How do I apply Nexcare™ Waterproof Bandages?
- Clean the wound thoroughly.
- Pull wrapper apart.
- Grasp end tab and peel bandage off wrapper
- Apply to wound, pressing firmly; bandage will not stick if repositioned.
- Remove paper frames at openings.
How can I help a bandage or wound dressing stick to my skin better?
After you have washed the wound area, pat it dry before applying the bandage or wound dressing. After it's on, avoid rubbing the bandage or dressing or exposing it more than necessary to any liquids.
How often should I change my bandage?
Change your bandage every day, or several times a day if it becomes wet or dirty. If you are using Nexcare™ Waterproof Bandages, these do not need to be changed if they become wet.
How do I remove a bandage/tape that will not release easily from my or my child's skin?
If a bandage is not easily releasing avoid pulling on bandage, instead work a little baby oil or cooking oil into the adhesive to help the bandage release from the skin. Or use ice (covered with a paper towel) for 5 minutes or less. Ice will make the adhesive brittle, which may cause it to release.
Where can I purchase Nexcare™ Products?
Nexcare products are available at Guardian, Watsons, Unity, Fairprice Finest, SaSa.
Where to Buy ››
Do Nexcare™ Products contain natural rubber latex?
Many of the bandage products are made with latex free materials, including: Nexcare™ Active™ Waterproof Bandages, Nexcare™ Heavy Duty Fabric Bandages, Nexcare™ Brights Comfort Fabric Bandages and Nexcare™ Comfort Pals™ Bandages.
Most of the first aid tapes and wound closures, such as Nexcare™ Waterproof Transparent Film Dressings, are also made with latex free materials.
The packaging or wrapper on Nexcare™ Waterproof, Tattoo™ Waterproof Bandages contains natural rubber latex, which may cause allergic reactions. All of our packaging contains latex warnings.
When heating the Nexcare™ Reusable Cold/Hot Pack, do I remove the outer bag?
Yes, remove the outer bag before heating and follow the instructions on the product for heating or cooling. Carefully check the pack for leaks, and insert it in the cover or wrap it in cloth. Check for desired temperature by carefully placing the covered pack against your forearm. If it's too hot, let it cool. When comfortable, apply the pack to the desired area.
- Clean the injured area. Apply a sterile bandage if the skin is broken. Raise the injured area to help reduce swelling.
- Activate cold pack by squeezing the pack firmly in the middle.
- As soon as you hear a "pop", the pack will become cold. Shake thoroughly.
- Apply the non-insulated side of the cold pack to the injury. Shake the cold pack occasionally for best results.
- Remove pack if it becomes uncomfortable. Reapply after a few moments if comfortable. However, do not apply for longer than 20 minutes at a time.
- Remove the cold pack after 20 minutes and discard. DO NOT REUSE. Leave the injured area uncovered for 20 minutes before applying another cold pack.
Cold therapy is recommended for the first 48 hours following an injury.
- Store cold pack in freezer for at least two hours before use.
- Insert cold pack in cover or wrap in cloth.
- Apply cold pack to injured area. Remove pack if it becomes uncomfortable. Do not apply for longer than 20 minutes at a time.
What can I use to protect my wound while taking a shower or bath?
Use Nexcare™ Waterproof Transparent Film Dressings. This waterproof dressing seals out water, dirt and germs, and stays on in the shower or bath. If the dressing is covering an IV site, use an additional covering so that water does not enter the IV site by the catheter.
Do you have any products for sensitive skin?
Try the Nexcare™ Waterproof Transparent Dressing with Pad or Nexcare™ Waterproof Transparent Film Dressing.
Microvex soothing emollient is part of a proprietary formulation developed by 3M's Consumer Health Care lab that offers cold sore sufferers an emollient blend of synthetic and naturally derived ingredients that soothes and provides a deep moisturizing effect.
Nexcare™ Cold Sore treatment incorporates Microvex™, a unique, non-greasy, fast-absorbing emollient derived from coconut oils and propylene glycol that soothes and provides deep moisturizing benefits.
The Nexcare formula contains benzocaine for fast pain relief and allantoin to soften unsightly scabs and to help prevent the cold sore from drying and cracking. Formula also contains Vitamin E.
back to Top